With Centreon Cloud, your central server is already ready to use. All you have to do is to install pollers in your infrastructure, and that is very easy: just execute a script then export the configuration and there you are.
Before deploying a poller, make sure the prerequisites for your host machine are met.
Step 1: Running the script
Use SSH to connect to the server that will become a poller.
Run the command that will deploy the poller automatically. This command has been provided to you by our support team. It looks like this:
bash -c "$(curl -H "content-type: application/json" -H "x-api-key: <your_token>" https://api.euwest1.prod1.centreon.cloud/v1/organization/<your_organization_code>/site/centreon/poller -s)"
Make sure you replace
<your_organization_code>by the correct values.
The script is executed (this should take about 10 minutes):
When this is finished, log in to your central server and go to page Configuration > Pollers > Pollers. The new poller appears in the list of pollers.
- By default, the name of the poller is its hostname (this may be shortened). Click on its name to rename it.
- In the IP Address column, the address it that of the poller as seen by the central server. Indeed, during the installation process, a VPN is installed, so this IP address is that of the poller inside the VPN.
- The poller is not running yet (No in the Is running? column).
Step 2: Exporting the configuration and restarting the poller
Export the configuration for this poller:
- On the central server, go to Configuration > Pollers > Pollers, then select the poller you have just created.
- Click Export configuration. A new page opens:
- Check the first 4 boxes
- Under Restart Monitoring Engine, select the Restart method.
- Click Export. A log of the export is displayed: this should have no errors.
- Go back to Configuration > Pollers > Pollers: the poller now has Yes under Is running?. Your poller is now ready to monitor resources.