Centreon Dashboards is available as a beta feature from Centreon version 23.10.
Get started with creating dashboards and adding widgets specially designed to optimize your user experience. Then benefit from data visualization options to display and monitor your resources in real time.
Activating the Dashboards feature
Access to the Dashboards feature is not managed at the user level, but through access groups or ACLs (Access Control Lists). You allow users to access the feature by granting rights to the ACL to which they belong (read more about ACLs).
Configure the ACL
- You must be logged into Centreon as an administrator.
- In this example, we will create a new ACL called Dashboards users. This ACL will contain users belonging to the Guests user group.
Go to Administration > ACL > Menus Access.
Click the Add button. This opens the Add an ACL form.
Name the ACL Definition. In this example: Dashboards users.
Select Enabled in the Status parameters.
Select the Linked Groups to include in this ACL. In this example: Guests.
In the Accessible Pages section, expand the Home menu, then the Dashboards one. This displays the list of profiles to select.
- Viewer: can only view dashboards to which they have access.
- Creator: can create and edit dashboards to which they have access.
- Administrator: can access and edit all dashboards.
Select the profile to be set for this ACL. In this example: Viewer.
Click Save to confirm your changes.
Check the feature is activated
You must have a user account with ACL rights to the Dashboards feature.
- Log into Centreon.
- You should see in the Home menu, the Dashboards Beta entry.
Creating your first dashboard
You must be logged into Centreon with administrator or creator rights.
- In the Dashboard library page, click the Create a dashboard button. This opens the Create dashboard modal.
- Name the dashboard and enter a description if needed.
- Click Create to confirm the creation.
Your dashboard is now added! You can directly start adding widgets.
Your dashboard must be open in edition mode.
- If this is your very first widget, click the Add a widget area.
- If not, click the + Add a widget on the right of the interface.
Most of the widgets usually follow these steps:
Step 1: Select the type of widget. The widget parameters then depend on the widget you select.
Step 2: Select resources.
Step 3: Select metrics.
Make sure to save your changes. If you leave without saving your dashboard, changes will be permanently lost.
Click the three vertical dots menu at the top right of the widget to edit it or to access more actions:
- Delete widget
In edition mode, you can easily organize your widgets by moving or resizing them. Make sure to save your changes.
Link to Resources Status page
From the dashboard, you can click a screen pictogram at the top right of a widget: this button allows you to See more on the Resources Status page. It opens a new tab on the Resources Status page, with detailed information regarding the specific widget.
You must be in the Dashboard library page to get an overview of your dashboards.
Edit a dashboard
Click the gear button at the bottom right of the dashboard to update its name and description.
Edit dashboard widgets
- Click the dashboard to open it in view mode.
- Click Edit dashboard to access and manage widgets in edition mode.
Delete a dashboard
Click the trash button at the bottom left of the dashboard to delete it. Then confirm the deletion.
Share a dashboard
You can share dashboards using the Manage access rights interface.
About access rights
You are using the Dashboards feature with a viewer or an editor profile:
- Viewers: can only view dashboards you share with them.
- Editors: can view and edit dashboards you share with them.
Manage access rights
- Click the share button at the bottom right of the dashboard.
- In the Add contact dropdown list, select the user to add.
- Select either Viewer or Editor profile.
- Click the + button to add it.
- Repeat the action for each user you want to add.
- Click the Update button to save your changes.
The users you have just added now have access to your dashboard sharing, according to the profile you have set for them.
Use the Copy link feature to share the dashboard URL directly with users who have access to your platform.
List of widgets
|Allows you to add free text to your dashboards (section titles, information, etc.).
|MAP - Display a view
|Allows you to select and visualize a map created from the MAP module.
|Displays metrics for a given time period.
|Displays data on resource status and events, centralized in a table.
|Displays the value of a single metric as a text, a gauge or a bar chart.
|Displays the current status of selected resources, as a grid.
|Displays the top or bottom x hosts, for a selected metric.