Contact Groups are used to notify contacts:
- In the definition of a host or of a service
- In the definition of an escalation of notifications
In addition, the groups of contacts are also used during the definition of an access group.
Consequently, it is necessary to group together contacts in a logical way. Most of the time, they are grouped together according to their roles in the information systems. E.g.: DSI, Windows Administrators, Linux Administrators, Person in charge of the application of Salary Management, etc.
Creating a contact group
Go to the Configuration > Users > Contact Groups menu and click on Add
- The Contact Group Name and Alias fields define the name and the description of the contact group.
- The Linked Contacts list allows us to add contacts to the contact group.
- The Status and Comment fields allow to enable or disable the group of contacts and to make comment on it.