The graphical view capabilities in Centreon rely on the Centreon MAP module.
Centreon MAP is a data-mapping and visualization tool designed for IT Operations management (ITOM) administrators and developers. It is capable of displaying efficient graphic insights and mapping correlated data in customized user-relevant views.
Here is an overview of MAP (Legacy). You need first to create logical views using the Desktop client:
Then you can visualize them directly in your browser:
You can also use the geographical view to display resources in the way your IT is spread over a city, country or world:
Both types of view may be displayed in the same Centreon web user interface:
- Either from the Centreon MAP dedicated user interface, which also includes a search facility.
- Or within a Custom View, using the dedicated Centreon MAP widget.
Use the following procedures to administrate and use Centreon MAP (Legacy).
Administrating MAP (Legacy)
- Installing Centreon MAP (Legacy) extension describes prerequisites and procedures to install the MAP (Legacy), also named Map4 desktop client.
- Installing on a remote server explains how to install MAP (Legacy) on a remote server.
- Updating the extension describes the update process for MAP (Legacy).
- Upgrading the extension describes the update process for MAP (Legacy).
- Migrating the extension describes how to move the MAP (Legacy) server to another server.
- Configuring rights explains how to administer users� rights and describes customization settings.
- Advanced configuration describes advanced procedures to configure MAP (Legacy).
Using MAP (Legacy)
- Creating a standard view using MAP (Legacy). This topic also describes best practices and limitations.
- Creating a geo view using the web interface. This procedure explains how to display your resources across a defined geographical area.
- Displaying views from the web interface. This topic also describes dedicated features.
- Sharing a view allows you to share views to a limited audience.
- MAP (Legacy) known issues is a list of issues you may encounter using MAP (Legacy).
- MAP (Legacy) troubleshooting helps you to solve some issues occurring in MAP (Legacy).